Sleep – that sweet escape from the daily grind!
Whether you’re a siesta enthusiast or a nocturnal ninja, the quality of your slumber has a profound impact on your overall wellness. Surprisingly, it’s not just the sandman’s visit that makes a difference; the choice of your mattress and linen fibres can be a game-changer too!
You may be thinking, “A mattress is just a slab of foam or springs, right?” Well, not quite.
Today’s mattresses are technological marvels, with a range of treatments and materials designed to enhance the quality of your sleep. Let’s explore the realm of treated mattresses and linen fibres to see how they can transform your nightly snooze from mediocre to magnificent.
Allergies and Skin Health
Imagine this: You’re nestled in your bed, ready for a peaceful night’s sleep when suddenly, achoo! Your allergies decide to stage a midnight concert. Not the dreamy lullaby you were hoping for, right?
Well, your choice of mattress and bedding materials plays a pivotal role here. Treated mattresses are designed to repel allergens like dust mites and pet dander, and can be your ticket to an allergy-free slumber. Pair that with hypoallergenic linens, and you’re on your way to a sneeze- and sniffle-free sleep sanctuary.
This is also particularly important for individuals with eczema or sensitive skin – soft, natural fibres like cotton or bamboo can prevent irritation and promote skin health. Opting for high-quality, hypoallergenic materials in both your mattress and linens can work wonders for allergy sufferers, reducing allergen exposure and ensuring an itch-free, easy-breathing sleep.
Breathability and Temperature Control
Speaking of breathing and breathability, let’s talk about those sweaty, restless nights of tossing and turning. Treated mattresses and linens made from natural fibres allow air to circulate, helping to regulate your body temperature as you sleep. In the summer, this means staying cool and comfortable, while in the winter, it helps retain warmth. No more waking up in a damp patch of sweat or shivering under the covers!
Synthetic options may not offer the same breathability, trapping heat and moisture and disrupting your sleep cycle. So, if you want to maintain that Goldilocks balance of just-right sleep temperature, opt for treated mattresses and organic-material linen fibres.
Stretchability for Comfort
Today, fabrics used for bedding are often made out of synthesised materials. While many believe they’re saving a quick buck on cheap linen or mattress upholstery, these synthetic materials can be stiff and result in an inferior quality of sleep. That’s largely because when your bedding fabric is too rigid or tight, it could impair the spine-supporting design of the mattress itself.
Not only are natural materials, like linen or cotton, popular for their softness, breathability, and moisture-wicking properties; but these high-quality materials ensure that the pressure of your body conforms properly to the ergonomic design of the mattress.
By ensuring that your weight is evenly and effectively distributed across the various zones of your mattress, your bed can provide the support it was intended for and improve your overall sleep experience.
Choose Treated Mattresses and Cotton Comfort at Fit for Bed
At Fit for Bed, our selection of treated mattresses is meticulously crafted to elevate the quality of sleep, for diverse people with unique needs.
We’ve designed our range of mattresses to not only provide flawless spinal support through world-class manufacturing processes and materials, but to offer the luxury of stunning upholstery that remains fit for perfect rest, for years.
Here are some of the ways we do it:
1. Cotton upholstery
Most of our beds use foam and padding materials with natural anti-bacterial and dust mite-repelling qualities (like latex), while providing a cooler, more comfortable sleep. That’s why cotton upholstery is the perfect match for the Fit for Bed range:
- Cotton is comfortable and soft to the touch, helping it to conform to the mattress design.
- It’s a natural fibre with hypoallergenic properties.
- Cotton is breathable and cool, minimising the risk of night sweats.
- It’s incredibly durable, keeping your mattress feeling and looking fab for longer.
- Choosing a cotton-upholstered mattress may align with eco-conscious values because cotton is a sustainable and biodegradable material.
- Maintaining cotton mattresses is relatively hassle-free, as they can be spot-cleaned or, depending on the mattress cover, even machine-washed.
2. Aloe Vera treatment
All of our exclusive Harris Hotel mattresses are infused with Aloe Vera, and what’s not to love about that? The properties of aloe vera are undisputed:
- Aloe Vera is a natural anti-biotic, anti-microbial and anti-septic.
- Studies show that Aloe Vera enhances your body’s defence systems and promotes rest.
- Aloe Vera’s soothing and hydrating qualities help to rejuvenate your skin as you sleep, and are ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- It’s known to repel dust mites and unwanted insects, such as bed bugs!
3. Aloe Vera treatment
The Fit for Bed latex mattress range provides exquisite comfort, offering between five and seven comfort zones for spinal support, as well as all the incredible benefits of latex:
- We use 65-density pure latex for durable, long-lasting comfort.
- Latex is a natural dust-mite repellent and also has mould-resistance properties, which means it’s perfect for people with allergies. No harsh chemicals needed!
- Latex’s high breathability, courtesy of an open-cell structure, facilitates smooth airflow, delivering cooler and comfier sleep.
- Our latex mattresses come in washable, cotton zip covers, so you can freshen up your mattress upholstery, easy-peasy.
Ready to Transform Your Sleep?
There’s a lot of science that goes into designing mattresses! Whether you need special zones that offer back support or plush comfort covered in the ultimate hypoallergenic solutions for sensitive skin and sinuses, we understand that the choices can be overwhelming.
Fit for Bed, a trusted name in the industry, offers a range of thoughtfully designed treated mattresses and linens that cater to all your sleep and wellness needs – get in touch or visit a Fit for Bed store to find out more.